Skateboarding is a fun sport but also very dangerous. The knees are a very fragile and the most exposed part of the body while skateboarding. So, you have to protect them. And knee pads are the best way of doing this. But you might wonder which skateboard knee pads are the best.
There are multiple different knee pads available in the market, and each one comes with different benefits. So, it becomes difficult to know exactly which one you should buy.
If you are also stuck between the different knee pads options, we are here to help you. We have tested multiple knee pads in the past few weeks and compiled a list of the 4 best knee pads you can buy for skateboarding.
Our testing procedure includes crashes on different surfaces to check the durability and overall performance of the knee pads. So, we hope our recommendation will help you get the best knee pad according to your budget and needs.
1. TQ-1 Carbon Fiber Knee PadsDetailed Review
The first one on our list is TQ-1 Carbon Fiber Knee Pads. They are made of Carbon and PVC shells that can absorb all surface impacts. These knee pads are long enough to protect the knee and legs above the ankle.
When we tested these knee pads, we found they were very comfortable to wear and did not slip down during our tests. The carbon fiber material is lightweight but strong, making these pads very protective against hard and rough impacts.
They are a good option for skaters who want to protect their knees from injury. These pads are extremely lightweight and won't slow you down while skating. They also provide great support and cushioning, making them perfect for longboarding or other sports requiring a lot of movement.
- Made out of Hard Shell Carbon + PVC, the inner is made of breathable and non-slip fabrics.
- They come in a bigger size that protects the knee area and provides protection to the front parts of the legs above the ankle.
- These knee pads are designed in a way that they can be bent easily, making them flexible for all kinds of skateboarders.
- Two reflectors are given on each side of the knee pads to help other people spot you while you are riding in the nighttime.
- They are expensive
These pads are great for beginner and intermediate skaters who want additional protection from falls and scrapes while on the board. Plus, they are pretty pricey, but if you compare what they offer to their price, you will want to have them.
2. Triple Eight KP Pro Professional Skateboarding Knee Pad
These pads are designed to be comfortable while providing plenty of protection, and they are built with a sturdy Ethylene Vinyl Acetate exterior and a soft lining. The straps are adjustable to get the perfect fit, and they help keep the pads snuggly against the legs.
We feel that their size is too small when we use them for weeks on regular skateboarding. They only cover the knee joint area, no more, no less. Although they work well for knee protection, it may be great if they would have a little longer.
The KP Pro knee pads feature a lightweight design that doesn't slow you down, and they are made with a neoprene material that's breathable and comfortable.
- They are very lightweight, making them ideal for everyone.
- Two easily adjustable straps are given for easy and secure knee protection.
- The high-quality foam is used inside the knee pads for more comfort.
- These knee pads are available in 3 different sizes for all body types.
- The size of the knee pads is small and only covers the knee area.
This is a great choice for anyone looking for knee protection that can withstand the wear and tear of skating. These pads are designed to be comfortable while providing plenty of protection. Plus, they are suitable for intermediate riders who don't regularly fall on the surface.
3. TSG Kneepad Roller Derby 3.0 Protectors
TSG Kneepad Pads are made from high-density memory foam and Synthetic Rubber, providing great knee protection without adding bulk. We found that this set of knee pads offers great support for your knees, even during falls and other impacts.
The straps given in these pads are adjustable and easy to put on and take off, making them perfect for quick changes during games or practice sessions.
Besides, they have a lightweight design that makes them easy to wear all day long, even while skating around town or on a long ride in the park. The sleek design also helps them look good under your pants. Plus, they don't get in the way of your look.
- They are lightweight and easy to wear on your knees.
- Made with rubber and foam materials that don't scratch up your knee while wearing it all day long.
- The straps are easy to adjust and don't get in the way when you need to get bent while skateboarding.
- They only protect the knee area.
Also Read: 4 Best Full Face Helmet For Harley Riders
Everything is great in these knee pads except their size and their purpose. They are good for simple regular skateboarding but aren't recommended for rough plays as they are made of rubber material that can't withstand rough terrain impact.
4. 187 Slim Knee Pads
187 Slim Knee Pad is the perfect solution for people who want a comfortable, padded knee pad that they can wear under their pants and won't make their pants feel like they are wearing them.
The slim design of this pad makes it easy to wear with any skateboarding or casual clothing, and it's made from a super-soft plastic material that will keep you comfortable for hours on end.
As we use these pads, we feel like the outer shell of the pad is flexible enough to bend the knees easily while also not restricting the muscles. This is a great thing, especially in this price range of knee pads.
- They are extremely lightweight and easy to wear.
- Made out of soft, flexible plastic. So, you can easily bend your knees anytime.
- The adjustable straps are easy to mount and hold a strong grip.
- They are made of flexible material that can't withstand rough surfaces and hard impacts.
- Ideal for kids and teens.
- It only covers the knee area.
These knee pads do not have any sophisticated features like other pads on the list, but it's still a solid choice if you are just starting with knee pads.
So, these are the 4 best skateboard knee pads you can buy this year, 2022. We initially tested these knee pads for durability and comfort, and after the usage weeks, we decided to write a detailed review and recommend some of the best options.
We hope our recommendation will help you get the best deal according to your needs.